Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. I am still stuffed. It was absolutely delicious. Aside from the food, this is a time of year when we are (hopefully) reminded of the things in our life to be thankful for, like faith, family, friends and blessings of all sorts. It is good that we take this time to be reminded, because I think it is a human condition to forget. Many different philosophies and religions talk about this - Man's disposition to forget, and I think it is true. It's a curse.

 I know in my own life, I tend to forget the nice things that my husband or loved ones have done for me, the second that they do something I don't like.

In my faith, in difficult times, I often times tend to forget that God is always present, and try to control a situation. I feel so guilty for doing this, but God is definitely used to it. It's human. But, it's one of our convictions and followers of faith, to remember, and to not let time destroy our faith.

The book of Exodus makes it clear. I've shared a few ways how in the posts on Exodus.

As for Thanksgiving- it was a blessing to spend such wonderful time with family. I am grateful for so much. My family, my health, the opportunity to study what I think is the most amazing thing! The excitement that God has blessed me, and that my future is filled with discovering the ways which He has. For my friends, for the support I have in my life, for my safety and the safety of my loved ones. For forgiveness and mercy. And so much more. What are you thankful for? I'd love to hear.


God bless.

Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment